Friday, April 10, 2015

Week 2: Forum

My Ideas for next week's assignment:
-Possible Theater presentation at 9:15 on in-service day?
-Be on the lookout for interesting events happening.
TOPIC 1:
Tips I found the most helpful:
  • Select a word and try to capture that emotion in a photo: I like the idea that finding an emotion and trying to show that in a picture without words. Would allow me more freedom and have me seek out a certain moment, to keep me focused.
  • Seek out striking scenes: I feel like you get lost in the norms of life around you and getting out of the things you see every day to find something more beautiful, disastrous, different or interesting would make for a better photo.

I am thinking about taking photos at a festival this weekend, the change of scenery I think will be nice and will inspire me to take better pictures. I'll try to take pictures from different vantage points as well.

TOPIC 2:
Ryan Gardner: 3 questions and my favorite photo by him and why. 
 My Favorite Photo by Ryan Gardner: 
USC's Dominique Byrd brings down a one-handed touchdown grab while Oregon State's Brandon  Browner tries to prevent the reception in a fog-enshrouded Reser Stadium in Corvallis, Ore.
I like this photo a lot because it is the perfect moment, the lighting is gorgeous and the sharpness is incredible, almost dream like. The lighting and the emotion of the photo is incredible, even without the faces.
 
 3 Questions:
  1. What is your favorite part of taking portraits of people?
  2. What are your biggest hurdles? For instance, I have trouble going and asking permission for photos of people I don't know, how do you overcome this?
  3. What is your favorite photo that you have ever taken?
  4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment