Friday, April 17, 2015

Week 3: Forum

Portraits:
Subject Name: (don't now yet)
Claim To Fame: Teaches friends almost 3 year old daughter ballet
Best Environment to shoot this person: In dance studio
Props: Ballet outfit? In class teaching the young girls, Studio with bar for stretching shot
How to contact this person: Facebook/email.

Subject Name:  Phyllis...............................................Dianne
Claim To Fame: Baker/makes wedding cakes......................Florist
Best Environment to shoot this person:  Bakery/cake decorating..............In her shop arranging flowers
Props: Cake, sugar work, frosting..........................flowers, cutting tools, ribbons
How to contact this person: Email/drop by and see if she's available......... Same

Self Critique:


1.)My Best photo: The composition of this photo is compelling. and the coloring is nice, his blue worn out overalls tells as story that I could not have told myself. The steam engine is something that you don't see everyday, this also adds interest with the bright yellow writing on the industrial steel.
The photo to the left is the worst as it is blown out, the shadows are too dark, the clarity is bad and the story isn't compelling. The figures in the background are distracting, and don't seem to add much to the story.

3.) What I should do better: I need to get more brave to take the shots I want, and need to be more confident to get into taking the shots I want. I need to set presets so I don't miss the shot because my camera is being "nit picky" and won't blow out/lose sharpness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment