Friday, May 8, 2015

Week 6: My Neighborhood, through my eyes

May 8th, Holley Auction waiting for food at the barbeque tents set up outside.
My neighborhood is known for a few things, muddin' in lifted trucks, country music festival in the Summer and fishing on the lake and rivers. I thought for my environmental shot I'd try to take pictures of the thing I love the most about my hometown, the lake.
Don Ross is a local artist in Sweet Home that teaches oil painting classes all around the country including Las Vegas as well as students throughout the school district. He is showing his paintings in the high school on May 8th to help out with the Holley School Auction.  To see more of his art go to his online portfolio: www.donrossartstudio.com

Fishermen in boats on Foster Lake, Early afternoon Friday, May 8th enjoying the warmth after all the rain and storms all week long.
Patrons at the annual Holley Auction (silent auction pictured here) on May 8, started at 5:00 p.m. Held in Sweet Home High School, proceeds go to the school to help fund field trips, computer labs and school supplies in the past. The items for auctions are donated by many different vendors around Oregon, ranging from a getaway on the coast, chiropractic care, a roping saddle all the way to fresh spring flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment